Monday, January 7, 2008

Book Review: TO CATCH A PIRATE by Jade Parker


To Catch a Pirate by Jade Parker



It’s the year 1720, and Annalisa Townsend and her father are on their way to the Caribbean island of Mourning to set up a governorship when they are attacked by pirates. Hiding in the hold, Anna is discovered by the young James Sterling, who, surprisingly, says nothing of her whereabouts to the rest of the pirate crew. When he goes to take her necklace, however, which is all she has left of her mother, she begs him not to and he agrees, but only in exchange for a kiss. He then disappears with the rest of the pirates, and so does the treasure that the ship was carrying.

One year later, Anna has found a ship and crew of her own, and sets out to find James Sterling, determined to get her father’s treasure back. She finds James and takes him prisoner easily enough, but getting him to cooperate is another matter entirely. As she spends more and more time with him, she slowly begins to forget that he is a pirate and starts to fall for him. James seems to feel the same about her, but has he really given up his pirating ways, and can she ever really trust him?

TO CATCH A PIRATE is a fun summer read full of swashbuckling adventure and romance on the high seas. Jade Parker, who also writes as Rachel Hawthorne and Lorraine Heath, has created a fantastic world with likeable characters that are sure to win over readers.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Andy Z. I just ran across your blog and book review of "To Catch A Pirate". You might find "The Pirate of Panther Bay" an equally enjoyable read--it's got a strong female lead character who captain's her own pirate ship. You can find out more at http://www.pantherbay.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey!!!

    i love this book too!!!!

    it's fantastic i can't keep away from it i have read it 5 times and i am planning to read it again soon.

    has jade parker published any other books?

    love all_star_.94

    www.totallymadblog@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book so much! I checked it out from the library and omg, it's wonderful! I'm thinking of buying it one day or even asking my mom to buy it for me on Christmas! I've already read two times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an excellent read. Very heart warming, I almost wish it was longer and had a sequel. Definitely a book you'll want to read over and over again.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...