Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday #24


“Waiting on” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights an upcoming release (or releases) that we’re eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week:

For Darkness Shows the Stars
By: Diana Peterfreund
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Release Date: June 12, 2012

Description:

Generations ago, a genetic experiment gone wrong – the Reduction – decimated humanity, giving rise to a Luddite nobility who outlawed most technology.

Eighteen-year-old Luddite Elliot North has always known her place in this caste system. Four years ago Elliot refused to run away with her childhood sweetheart, the servant Kai, choosing duty to her family’s estate over love. But now the world has changed: a new class of Post-Reductionists is jumpstarting the wheel of progress and threatening Luddite control; Elliot’s estate is floundering; and she’s forced to rent land to the mysterious Cloud Fleet, a group of shipbuilders that includes renowned explorer Captain Malakai Wentworth – an almost unrecognizable Kai. And while Elliot wonders if this could be their second chance, Kai seems determined to show Elliot exactly what she gave up when she abandoned him.

But Elliot soon discovers her childhood friend carries a secret – one that could change the society in which they live… or bring it to its knees. And again, she’s faced with a choice: cling to what she’s been raised to believe, or cast her lot with the only boy she’s ever loved, even if she has lost him forever.

Inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion, For Darkness Shows the Stars is a breathtaking romance about opening your mind to the future and your heart to the one person you know can break it.

Why I’m Waiting: Okay, this book has shot to the very top of my wishlist because it looks sooooo amazing and is chock full of so many things that I love. First of all, it’s a dystopian, bonus points right there. Second, it’s a romance about childhood sweethearts who have been separated for years and then they are reunited and one comes back all cool and mysterious and renowned and he has secrets and you just know there’s going to be lots of awesome angst and longing. Third, it’s a retelling of Jane Austen’s Persuasion!! How cool is that? Fourth, the cover is STUNNING. I'm drooling buckets right now (I made the image super huge so you can all drool with me :P). Fifth, I loooove the title, and sixth, I got to meet Diana Peterfreund when she was touring for Zombies Vs. Unicorns and she is super cool and gorgeous. Basically, I absolutely cannot wait to read this one and I want it now now now. June, hurry up!


What are you waiting on this week?

11 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, we both picked the same one this week! I'm waiting on it for all the same reasons as you and I am, quite simply, in love with that cover! :D

    BTW, your copy of Daughter should be on your way tomorrow. I am soooo sorry for the delay, I suck. I lost my bank card + was out of town and blah, blah, blah, general craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover!!!

    http://moiraethefatesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very popular pick today and one I have added to my wish list too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DAMN YOU FOR MAKING ME DROOL OVER THIS AGAIN. I thought I'd had my fill when the cover was released, but now I'm lusting it like crazy once more. It looks amazing, it sounds amazing and this is the author who wrote about killer unicorns, right? (which I STILL need to read!) So lucky you got to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty cover!!! Love it! This is the first I'm seeing of this one. :)

    Sarah
    Confessions of the UnPublished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cover! I just saw it on another wow but I hadn't hear of it before.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I <3 that cover!! Seeing so many pretty covers lately!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving this cover!!!

    here's my wow picks for this week! will you stop by?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw this one listed before. Must be a good book. Here's my Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sparkly dystopian is my kind of dystopian *lol*

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that cover is so attractive. I LOVE IT! *adds to wishlist* :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...