Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Broke My Heart a Little

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It’s a super fun to way to connect with other bloggers through one of my favorite things ever… LISTS! :D


Today's topic:

 Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart a Little

I’m a very emotional person, both in real life and with my fiction, and I get very emotionally invested in the lives of fictional characters, so I tend to cry a lot, haha. I love it when this happens though, even though it’s painful, because it means I really connected with the book and it made me feel.

This is not a full list of ten, because even thinking about these is making my heart hurt. And I’m going to try to be vague to avoid spoilers, but hopefully if you’ve read the books you’ll understand what I mean.







If I Stay by Gayle Forman (I started crying from nearly the first page.)

















Where She Went by Gayle Forman (The ENTIRE book. Oh god.)
















Graceling by Kristen Cashore (The bit at the end when Katsa confronts Po.)















Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Peeta’s situation, Katniss and Gale’s outcome, Prim.)














Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling (Um, duh. Dobby. Forest scene. All the deaths. Fred is still alive in my heart.)














Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (“Had we but world enough, and time…” This book is even more painful during rereads because you know the significance of certain events ahead of time.)














Fracture by Megan Miranda (The teenage angst in this book is ridiculously painful. I just wanted them to work it out.)















Sally Lockhart Trilogy by Phillip Pullman (Specifically an event in the second book, The Shadow in the North. Guys, if you’ve read it, you know what I’m talking about.)











What are your favorite heartbreaking books? I can already feel a sob-inducing marathon coming up...

4 comments:

  1. I cried reading If I Stay, too. I have yet to read the sequel, but I hope it broke your heart in a sort of good way! I've also only read the first Sally Lockhart book, and although I wasn't invested enough to continue reading the series, I'm intrigued as to what happened in the second one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good picks! I think I blocked out part of Deathly Hallows due to the sadness because it hit me again just now that Dobby, Lupin, Fred, etc are gone. :( The Time Traveler's Wife is definitely one I should have had on mine. Emotional to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, I knew when I made my list I'd run into at least a dozen more that I should have added! I really need to read The Time Traveler's Wife...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harry Potter and Mockingjay both very popular books for this list, along with Time Travelers Wife and If I Stay that I still need to read.

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-10-tuesdays-11.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking the time to tell me what you think! I treasure every single comment and I'll do my best to visit your blog in return. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...